Thursday, November 5, 2009

The British Museum

My draping instructor told me that the British Museum is the largest museum in London, and that he has been there around fifty times and still hasn't seen three whole wings of it. So I decided to pace myself, see a couple exhibits, and return many times :)

When you enter you walk in to a hall and then through another door that leads you to this. The picture doesn't do it justice. You automatically halt when you step through the doorway because the light is so brilliant. Laura coined it "the room of amazing light."


Some obelisk thing from Egypt








The sculptures were my absolute favorite, I always want to sit and draw them for hours.































Immense and beautiful columns outside




I just like this picture

There is currently a huge Aztec exibit at the museum that I didn't see, but they had some Aztec performers come in and sing and dance and drum. It was pretty cool.

Awesome headpiece: perhaps my next couture hat project.





I love this guy's hair




This little dancer had the most beautiful poise.




They tied nuts around their ankles and did a little stomp routine
Ok I swear this is my last post for today - I am computered out!

No comments:

Post a Comment