Thursday, October 15, 2009

Keflavik

I finally figured out my camera situation and found a little spare time. Yay! So I'll show you a few in chronological order.

This was my short visit to Keflavik, Iceland. I really wanted to see Reyjavik (Bjork's hometown) but the buses didn't run until noon and I wouldn't have gotten back in time for my flight, so I just visited tiny Keflavik for a few hours until I could stand the cold no longer and caught a cab back to the airport. It was right on the ocean, and 21 degrees fahrenheit. I bought a pair of gloves within 20 min of being there, but they did hardly any good. I would absolutely love to study the language some and go back to see more of Iceland, it's so beautiful. (If you click on the pictures I think they enlarge)

This is the beautiful black rocks of the coastline.

This was a huge statue, I believe it is symbolic of a viking ship. Icelandic culture derives a lot from their viking predecessors and the mysticism they followed like runes (charms with symbols that had specific meaning)
When I arrived early in the morning, all of the park benches were turned upside down like this, a man drove up in a van and flipped them all over. I'm not sure if they were overturned intentionally or if the wind off the water blew them over. It was strong enough, I wouldn't be surprized.
So this "inserting pictures" method is a little wacked, I'm going to start a new post to insert the rest in a more effective manner.

1 comment:

  1. Could you email me a copy of that last picture? I'd like to enlarge it and print it if you don't mind

    ReplyDelete